Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Updates

Well a lot of stuff has been going on with me and the gaming world. First off, I would like to say that I'm the proud new owner of a Playstation 3. I mangaged to sell my Xbox 360 somehow. I feel really lucky. You'll know what I'm talking about once you head to Ebay and see how many used 360s are up for sale. Anyway, I found a really good deal and purchased the PS3. It'll be here this Friday so I can't wait to play Metal Gear Solid 4! The more I read about the PS3 the more impressed I am. This is the total package if you're looking for a great entertainment system. The fact that you get a Blu-Ray player is a bonus. The player itself costs around $400 but with the PS3 you also a get a gaming console. Online play is free and that was one of the major reasons why I switched. The Xbox Live service is good but I'm not going to keep paying more for the same service. It doesn't make any sense to me. The holiday season last year showed people that the Live service is not entirely reliable. With the PS3 you get free online gameplay and other cool things. Moving on, the hardware..Oh dead Lord the hardware issues on the 360 almost drove me nuts! Microsoft did a piss poor job of designing their hardware and rushed it into production so that they could beat Sony and Nintendo. And now they are paying for it. It's the shittiest console ever in terms of breakdowns and the number of problems associated with it. Even the original Xbox didn't have so many problems! What happened Microsoft? How could you release a product that is so broken and problematic?! Just go back to making OS's...Well at least you guys could do that pretty well until Vista. I'm really happy that I'm getting system that will only improve in the future while Microsoft will continue to screw it's customers in the future.

This year's E3 was actually pretty bad. Microsoft's new avatar and redesigning of their the layout was the biggest news judging by the response. They did manage to get Final Fantasy XIII on he 360 with the same launch date as the PS3. Sony actually had games to show off on their conference! With the DC Universe mmorpg, God of War III, InFamous, and Resistance 2. Sony definitely has the better games coming out this year and next year. But for me, the biggest news out of E3 was the KOTOR mmo announcement from EA. BioWare has been working on this game since 2006 and many gamers suspected that there could be something in the works. Can't say that I'm overly excited by the news that it's going to be a mmo, but I'm stoked that there is another KOTOR game on the way!!! It made me really happy and hopefully BioWare will do itself and it's fans justice by making a great game. I was really disappointed with Mass Effect and hopefully it won't turn into another rpg/fps bullshit. That's all for now. Peace!

No comments: